background

Monday 9 May 2011

Meet Maisie

As mentioned in my last post, I have been working on rag dolls.  Not made one since a flurry of them some 16 or so years ago for my daughter and some family friends children.  I forgot how lovely it is making little clothes. I even enjoyed hand sewing the `bangs` of wool hair this time.  I remember it being a bit of a pain when I was younger and my daughter and my patience were much shorter.  I have a few cut out in various states of completion and awaiting goodies to come through the post to get them done, but Maisie is finished; and here she is.  As always, she can be found in the etsy shop.
She is not a teeny doll, she stands at a height of 27inches . This surprised my son who was a little alarmed that a doll could be that size.  I cannot expect my menfolk to appreciate her so I am relying on you lovely folk out there in blog land.  The last pic is her sitting in my office chair which puts her size, if not her prettiness in perspective.





The dress fabric is so cute, I bought it a good while ago, not knowing what to do with it.  Its got tiny references to autumn.







6 comments:

  1. She is lovely! I love the fabric you have used for her dress! :o)

    C x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maisie is lovely Joy...beautiful work and a perfect size to decorate a nursery...I love her!
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Maise, pleased to meet you! You are a very pretty girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is really lovely and her size makes her extra huggable. I miss haveing a "little" girl to buy dolls for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I found your blog via another one. I love the doll and your rabbits are also adorable. I also make rag dolls and find it inspiring to see the way other people make them. Her little boots are super cute.
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Waw,, It works very nice, sweet and beautiful,,,

    Uhooi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete