background

Sunday 23 October 2011

I finished The Crochet.....and started another...oops!

Well, as I mentioned in my last post, I finally after umpteen years have mastered crochet! I used a tutorial on you-tube and stayed up far too late, and it all suddenly made sense. I think this may be a bad thing in some ways as I am, if you will pardon the pun, totally hooked. It grows so fast. My hubby thinks its hilarious an just another addition to what he sees as my quirky pastimes. I don't think he would have me normal, so neither of us are really complaining. Little Mango loves it. She is so interested in it all its quite amusing. Here is a pictorial story of its evolution.

This was the 'Eureka' moment and the first of many


My little pile grows  larger (can you spot my reading material?)


Mango helps while I decide on lines or randomness

She cant quite wait for me to finish sewing all the squares together and commandeered some of the squares.

The 'Ta-dar' moment!

There has to be lots of shots as its going in the etsy shop.  I have started another now and I really cant keep everything I make.

So, its been a wonderful journey and I am so proud to have finally gotten to grips with something that has confounded me for so long. Though a little ashamed now I now how easy it is.  Its half term now and I intend (remind if I don't manage it) to have at least 2 new critters finished by this time next week.  Christmas is coming you know.

If you were looking for the giveaway, you need to be quick as it ends Monday 24th October at around 3 pm.  Its the next post down or just hit the highlighted word.

3 comments:

  1. Your crochet blanket is just lovelyyyyyyyyy.........xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh! Youve been busy,Your crochet is gorgeous,well done,Joy.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous crochet; me too - check my blog out, I'v e posted about the same thing. Thanks for the follow on twitter and adding me to your circle on etsy :)

    ReplyDelete