background

Sunday 17 June 2012

A Wet but Enjoyable Week

Ooops, another week gone by and no post from me.

Thanks goodness for the Craftbritannia shops of the week, or I might never post at all.  I must rectify that.  I have been away to the Peak District and despite some quite damp weather we had a fabulous time.  The Mr, the boy and myself did lots of hill walking, often in quite moist weather but we were kitted out with suitable gear and a good time was had by all.  I love a phrase I once heard that "There is  no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing!" I have to tend towards concurring. I normally hate the rain but found it quite uplifting because I was protected against the elements to a point, and the flask of tea was so nice in the wind and the rain.  I will definitely do it again.  I have very few photos as the weather was so bad but this is where we stayed. This picture shows a different sofa and dining table but it is the one, and the actual furniture was much nicer and I found it a real home from home in a very different accommodation to my own home. If you love bunnies, as I do, there were a good 5 outside the lounge on the bank at the back pretty much all day. A delight to watch. I highly recommend it and would definitely stay there again.  I have always loved a good walk, but now think I am addicted to the real stuff.



I have been knitting. I now have 2 complete Blueberry Fudge bunnies, and another almost, plus a further one on the needles. So you see, I have been quiet, but not so idle.  I hope to share these gorgeous bunnies very soon.  I am so chuffed with how they turned out.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, this sounds like just the kind of break I need at the moment Joy...Out in the elements and bunnies in the garden...really lovely!
    I hope you have a happy crafty week,
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete