background

Friday 21 August 2009

Garden Hopping

I may have mentioned in the past my other passion is tropical gardening. Dont get me wrong, roses are absolutely gorgeous but have no place in my garden. Its big leaves and prickly stuff for me.
It all started when I saw a guy called Will Giles on gardeners world and I could not believe that he lived in my home town of all places. I did not at that time but that did not stop me and I was well on my way long before the visit. Some 10 years later and back in Norfolk, I visited for the second time a couple of week ago. My camera was too low on battery for live shots so I took some point and hope shots. They are not too bad. The last one is one of Will`s cats that decided to use me as a seat whilst I enjoyed a cup of tea in the sun.













.

Then last weekend, I visited the garden of Jon Kelf also in Norwich. Jons` garden is equally inspirational as it is on such a small scale. Not much larger than my own little patch. He has so much packed into such a small space and has done all the backbreaking work himself. Jon has just won the Daily Mails` best garden competition. So well done Jon, you thoroughly deserve it. Nice to see you again.











1 comment:

  1. Wow, what gorgeous gardens!!! They are both just amazing!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete