background

Sunday 2 May 2010

Update on Sad Day for us

Just over a week has passed since we said goodbye to dear Mr. Pip. Since then I have planted a lovely flowering cherry tree where he rests and some alchemilla mollis and pink chrysanthemums in a back breaking round bed in the front garden. The tree will flower at around the right time every year and I think I will order a little plaque. We have, part tongue in cheek, and part seriously, named it Pips memorial garden.
The other thing I have done is booked a tattoo in Pips image. I have one tattoo already and have wanted another ever since the last was done. What better thing than my faithful friend. I cant wait, but as my preferred artist is very busy, it will not be until August.
I am a true believer of doing something positive in adversity, it helps with the healing.
I also want to thank you all both here and on twitter for all your kind messages.
My daughter has lots more photos of the little guy on her blog if you are interested.
Meanwhile, my remaining cat Tubby is getting away with murder and getting loads of fuss.

2 comments:

  1. It is so important to mourn a pet in any way you feel you need to! I cannot imagine life without any of my three dogs - it was very difficult when I lost one of my dogs years ago - I have her ashes under a tree in my garden! xx

    Sending you love and laughter xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joy, did you receive your giveaway goodies okay? Hope all is good your end xx

    ReplyDelete