background

Monday 6 February 2012

Vegetable Cake Subterfuge Update

I had to just drop in a quick update to my last post about  the yummy cakes from Harry Eastwood's Chocolate Heartbreak book of cakes where they all contain a vegetable.  I know it sounds odd, but read the post to see what I mean, if you didn't already.
We are on 3 positives out of 3 on the recipes and 4 out of 4 on the hubby eating them and not detecting the hidden veg. I made the fruit cake twice, its so yummy.  This weekend, I made Orange Squash Cupcakes.  This sounds like they have cordial in them, but in actual fact its butternut squash that gives the squash factor. However, there is more than a passing resemblance in taste of the finished confection of orange squash, so its twofold. There is a link to the book in the original post, but here is a photo (sorry no cake stand loveliness this time) of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment